Plan Participation Criteria
New offices joining must meet the minimum participation criteria for group coverage which includes:
1. The office must be a legal entity.
2. The dentist must be a member in good standing with the ODA.
3. The dentist must be engaged in full-time practice where an employer/employee relationship exists.
4. Employers must offer their employees access to the plan, but no employer contribution is required.
- If an employer chooses to make a contribution, it must be on a non-discrimination basis .
- Employers can set their full-time employment requirement between 25 hours (minimum) and 30 hours per week.
- Employees may decline the coverage by completing the Waiver Table as part of the request a quote process.
5. Participation requirements are based on the number of employees enrolled versus the number of employees eligible.